So I got setup in his garage which has actually been converted over to a workshop for building terrain and buildings for gaming.
Steve showed me how to start dry brushing some colors onto it, to make the rock look more like, well, rock.
He also had me paint the bases of the trees to make them look a little more realistic. They turned out good.
Here we added a campsite, which is where the bright green flock is. Scott and Steve helped me figure out how to use the most game board with a trail. Great idea!
The area next to the campsite with the watering hole is where the Indian burial ground is going to be. More on how that works later.
Scott shared some of his trees with me so we could just fill out the terrain. We put down clay that could be baked and inserted the trees without their bases.
Unfortunately, when we lifted up the clay, the clay not only tore, but it lifted the paint up in those areas as well. I was a bit frustrated, not mad, but it was going so well. Anyway, I took the whole thing home and let it sit for a week.
Today I repainted where needed, and also added more plaster to where the Jeep will be (not shown). More to come when after I repaint and flock some more. I am going to do some googling to find a really good way to handle the trees. The idea was to just be able to bake the clay, then set the trees back into the hardened clay. This would make it easy for setting up the game board. I may still do this. Not sure yet. I'll update in a week.